Thursday, November 25, 2010

You Did What?!?!

Deja Vu...  Again?

Getting into a good routine can be a little nerve racking because anything that can go wrong will when you are least expecting it so comfort should be a great indicator that things are gonna really suck...

So as long as you feel like hell is at your heals you must be doing a great job.

Still not convinced?

Let us take a closer look at where we are...  How many things would need to happen for things to go completely side ways for you?  With the aforementioned logic, if only one piece needs to not fit to ruin the puzzle then you are where you need to be.

No pressure.

"Dude you gotta get here quick!", utters the voice on the other line.

My first thought is the fugitive walking on the side of an interstate somewhere.
I don't ask why.
I just drive faster and hope that Texas State Troopers take extended lunch breaks.
After what seems like an eternity I make it to the gate and to my surprise no one is waiting to open it and instead the lock and chain are draped over the side of the fence as a sign to come in.  So I hop out and open the gate, drive through, and jump back out to close it with a quickness of a NASCAR pit stop.  Of course it only seemed that way to me and must have looked like some sort of modern dance minus the rhythm to any one watching.

I get to the field by the watering hole and my friend is holding a beer in one hand and a duck call in the other almost in tears from laughter.  Apparently he had more free time than most.

He signals for me to stay quiet and he blows the duck call.  Pinky bolts out of a group of bushes and commences to do this crazy mating dance chasing my friend to a deer blind that looks like a tripod on steroids and starts to dance around a feeder just a couple of yards away.  After Pinky finishes his dance and goes back to the spot where we had been taking turns dumping brine shrimp for him, I ask my friend if that was why he called.  To which he answers with the affirmative.

Several things were obvious.  The bird needed a companion,  my friend was having fun, I needed to get a duck call and a beer,  and a decission must made.
 
Pinky needs his whole flock and we were going to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment